Noida: Commuters face traffic jam on a daily basis on both sides of Parthala roundabout in Sector 121, Noida. This has been a real cause of concern for people travelling on this road.
The road is being used by office goers. They face regular delays while commuting to their offices. We have seen only experiments and no proper ground planning by traffic police in the last two-three months. There has been no positive effort to streamline the traffic.
Also Read: Solution to traffic bottlenecks at Parthala Chowk eludes Noida commuters
Considering this, I have written to Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Noida Authority with recommendations that were planned in consultation with traffic planners.
Here are the recommendations that can be followed to reduce traffic congestion on the roundabout:
- Parthala roundabout should be redesigned and reduced in size by 15-20 meter of the radius. It will provide extra space for accommodating more vehicles.
- Make a U-turn crossover at a 150-meter distance from the roundabout towards Sector 71. Another U-turn can be made in front of Hanuman Mandir on Vikas Marg for the residents of Sector 121.
- Keeping the traffic of Noida Extension in mind and for long term solution, plan an underpass at Parthala Chowk at the earliest.
- There is no proper access to FNG Road for residents of Homes 121 and Garhi village. Therefore, it is requested to provide proper access and create U-turn on FNG Road towards Chhijarsi.
- Slip road to be widened so that traffic coming from Greater Noida Extension near FOB towards Faridabad (via FNG) can take this route without disturbing the main traffic (it slows down the traffic and create a jam).
- Another slip road can be widened so that traffic, coming from Chhijarsi/Bahlolpur towards Greater Noida Extension, can take this route without disturbing the traffic on Vikas Marg towards Greater Noida.
- There should be the proper placing of signboards displaying the directions and U-turns to avoid crowding.
- At present, none of the pedestrians uses the foot over bridge (FOB) as it is 250 meters away from residential areas. The FOB is constructed at a wrong place and should be relocated to avoid traffic jams at Parthala roundabout.
- Traffic lights should be installed at the Parthala roundabout.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are his own and CitySpidey does not endorse them in anyway.