Noida: The Noida Federation of Apartments Owners Association (NOFAA) is expected to launch an awareness campaign for fire safety.
The campaign, to be run in association with district fire service department, Gautam Buddha Nagar, aims at sensitising the citizens about fire safety norms. In this direction, they have issued a list of dos and don'ts to be followed in case of fire breakout at high rises.
Following are the dos and dont's:
1. Pull the nearest fire alarm (pull station on the floor) as you exit the building. Never use the lift.
2. When evacuating the building, be sure to feel doors for heat before opening them to be sure there is no fire danger on the other side.
3. If there is smoke in the air, stay low to the ground, especially your head, to reduce inhalation exposure. Keep your hand on the wall to prevent disorientation and crawl to the nearest exit.
4. Once away and clear from danger, call the fire department and inform them of the fire.
5. After reaching to safety, await further instructions from emergency personnel.
6. Keep doorways, corridors and staircases clear of any obstructions. Make sure that all electrical appliances and cords are in good condition and ISI approved. Do not overload electrical outlets. Use surge-protected multi-outlet power strips and extension cords when necessary.