Gurugram: 14 corona positive Italian tourists shifted to Medanta Hospital
Gurugram: 14 Italian tourists who have been confirmed positive for coronavirus have now been shifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurugram. All the suspects have been kept under special surveillance on separate floors away from common patients.
Medanta Medicity PRO said, "Medanta has received, at the special request of the government, 14 asymptomatic persons suspected to have COVID-19. These patients are housed on a completely separate floor, in an isolated quarantine floor, with no contact with the rest of the hospital. There is a dedicated medical team wearing protective gear looking after these patients."
"All items used on the floor are isolated to that floor. The isolated floor will completely contain the disease even with these asymptomatic persons. All other hospital operations are operating as normal and there is no increased risk to patients, visitors or staff,” the PRO stated.
Earlier, all these people were quarantined at the ITBP Chawla camp in Delhi.
As of now, 29 confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the country. Of these, three (from Kerala) have recovered and have been discharged.
According to the doctors, there is no need to panic. Just by avoiding crowded places and taking special care of cleanliness can keep the virus at bay.
On Thursday, the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, made a statement in Rajya Sabha in view of large number of reported cases in India and steps taken by the government of India.
He said, "As on March 4, a total of 29 positive cases have been reported so far. Since last 3 days, new travel related cases have tested positive. These include one in Delhi (having travel history of Italy) and Telangana (having travel history from Dubai and contact history from person from Singapore). Both are clinically stable. Six more cases have tested positive in Agra, Uttar Pradesh having contact history with case in Delhi. Required action as per Cluster Management plan has been initiated.”
“Further, an Italian tourist and his wife have tested positive in Rajasthan. 14 other accompanying tourists in this group and their Indian bus driver tested positive on their return to Delhi. All of them are reported to be stable. A recent positive case has also been reported in Delhi yesterday (having travel history from Italy) and is stable,” he added.
"The Government is taking all the necessary measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 in India," stated the health minister.
As per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, a total of 3542 samples have been sent for testing, of which 29 have been found to be positive for COVID-19 till now. Testing of 92 samples is in process and 23 samples are being reconfirmed.