New Delhi: Doctors are sharing as much useful information as they can to save people from coronavirus infection. Most of them are of the view that when mild symptoms show, one should self-quarantine themselves.
People, who are still moving around after the outbreak, have been advised to take many precautions to be safe.
Dr Sunita Dubey, Radiologist, Medscape India said, “I am sharing a list of surface contact points in daily life. These points are where either multiple or unknown people contact. The virus is spreading from surfaces till at least nine hours after the contact.”
Here are the things which you should avoid touching:
1. Milk bags
2. Elevator buttons
3. Door bells
5. Car door after wash
6. Garbage exchange with housekeeping staff (also their ingress into housing society, and movement from house to house)
7. Raw vegetable and fruits purchased
8. Shop counters
9. Office pantry, lunchroom, washroom, and door handles
10. Garden seats
11. Play area swings etc. (though for an unknown reason, young children thankfully are less affected)
12. Maids touching multiple surfaces at home
13. All door knobs
14. Packets of delivery boys – Amazon, Swiggy etc
15. Any shopping packets
16. Currency notes and coins
17. Uber, Auto etc
18. Bus and train handles
19. Shoes and anything which may step on spit
20. If travelling by air, then multiple points from departing terminal to arrival terminal
India has likely hit the exponential upward part of the contagion, and the precautions in the next 2-4 weeks are very important.