New Delhi: Amid the coronavirus pandemic, there are many apprehensions which are creeping in the mind. One of them is whether the Covid-19 virus can survive on the phone.
Nowadays, everyone carries a phone and hence it becomes very important to know whether the virus can affect you through the phone’s surface. CitySpidey talked to Dr Anil Dhall, Senior Cardiologist, to check about the possibility of virus transmission from the phone.
As per the doctor, the virus can spread through the high touch surfaces like phones, keyboards and tablet computers. It was also suggested by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. The virus can live on plastic and stainless steel for two to three days.
Dr Dhall said that one should always sanitise the phone after coming back home. He suggested doing it on a daily basis. Moreover, there are many recommendations which one should follow to take care of the phones during the coronavirus pandemic. They are as follows:
- To clean the phone, one should first turn it off and unplug from cables
- Don’t put cleaning solutions or spray it directly
- You can gently use infectant wipes
- You can use a solution with 70 per cent alcohol to clean the device
- You can also use paper towel to clean the surfaces of the phone