Dwarka: Two persons died and four injured in a major fire incident at a hotel in Sector 8, Dwarka on Sunday. A male and a female died in the fire incident. Their bodies have been shifted to DDU Hospital.
The hotel was operating in a residential area. An eye witness said that the cause of fire could be short circuit. 21-year-old Lokesh stayed in the hotel. He said that there was a short-circuit in the night. Light was restored after half an hour.
When he woke up at 7 am, he found huge smoke inside the hotel. He saw fire at the ground floor and reception. The police rushed to the spot when they received the fire information. Fire brigade and ambulance were also there.
General secretary of RWA, BS Tripathi said, “We already asked the police and the civic agency DDA about such illegal hotel in residential area. This type of practice must be stopped. The administration and civic bodies must act together.”
The Oyo Hotel is located near Mother Dairy in Block B in Sector 8.