Naked wires pose electrocution risk to residents of Dwarka sector-7

Location

Naked wires pose electrocution risk to residents of Dwarka sector-7

These also could be dangerous for the people visiting the lane, as they are not visible

Naked wires pose electrocution risk to residents of Dwarka sector-7

Dwarka: Open and naked wires lying on the footpath have become a common sight in Dwarka near Arjun Apartment, Sector 7. Now with the rainy season, these naked wires are inviting danger to the visitors.

During monsoon, it gets more dangerous as the electricity passing through the pole can electrocute someone. Apart from the pole, there  are some wires that are covered by the overgrown grass. These also could be dangerous for the people visiting the lane as they are not visible.

Mohit Singh, a resident of Sector-7 tweeted, “This is dangerous for all the people, especially on a rainy day.”

A resident of Arjun Apartments, Sector 7, Tejpal Singh said, “I have been watching the neighbourhood of Sector 7 where box or junction or wires which were open last year is still in the same state. You can make out how serious the authorities are. Such things must be taken seriously so that any mishappenings could be avoided.”

Last year, incidents of electrocution have happened with some visitors and pets while they were roaming in the park. Although they were not seriously injured, yet the incidents instilled a sense of fear among visitors.

Read | No solution yet to the open wires and fuse boxes across Dwarka

A resident of Sector 7, Rajender Singh, said, "In 2019, a boy got injured by an electric shock at the park after being exposed to hidden naked wire in the bushes last year. “Though he didn't get a serious injury it could have been serious. Authorities should look into the matter and ensure that there is no such wire or box or open junction in parks,” he said.

Shreya Bhatt, a commuter in the Dwarka, said, “Open electric boxes are unsafe for people. Authorities should look into this.”

Utkarsh Tiwari, a resident of Satisar Apartments said, “It is plain mismanagement that it is so rampant in the electrical department that  they have never cared to repair or put the box in place. I frequently hope that the authorities take heed immediately.”

The negligence and lack of maintenance as well as mismanagement can cause fatalities if not checked. Authorities should take immediate action.