Fire: drums burst with explosion as chemical warehouse catches fire

Location

Fire: drums burst with explosion as chemical warehouse catches fire

This warehouse was running in the middle of the population.

Fire: drums burst with explosion as chemical warehouse catches fire

Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in a chemical warehouse in Sihani, Nandgram on Friday evening due to a welding spark. Three fire trucks and a foam tender brought the fire under control after about an hour's struggle. According to the warehouse owner Bal Krishna Gupta, he has suffered a loss of about Rs 3 lakh.

Bal Krishna owns a shop and warehouse by the name Om Som Trading Company in Kamla Market street number-13 of Sihani village. They trade in paint chemicals. Outside it, Brahmpal Singh Dev has a furniture and welding shop.

According to Bal Krishna's son Rameshwar Gupta, the cause of the fire was a spark from the welding going in from the neighbouring shop.
“At around 5 pm on Friday, my father was working in a warehouse with a worker. Brahmapal was also there in his shop and doing some welding work. The chemical caught fire due to the spark emanating from the welding, which engulfed the entire warehouse. It was so rapid that we did not get a chance to do anything.”

Read | Indirapuram: New AoA body elected in Angel Mercury

As a result of the fire, the chemical drums kept in the warehouse started bursting with the explosion. A small gas cylinder was also kept in the godown. Coming in the grip of fire, it also exploded with a bang. Hearing the sound, the people living nearby came out of the houses. Seeing the high flames rising, the shops and buildings around the warehouse also started being evacuated.

Anshu Dubey, a resident of Kamla market, said “ It was around 5 in the evening. I was sleeping in my room. I heard some noise at first. I thought people were fighting on the street and I ignored them. Then I heard the loud noise of a drum blast. I immediately came out of the house and saw the warehouse burning. At that time people had already called the fire department. The whole market was full of chaos. The Fire department came and controlled the fire in an hour ”

While talking to CitySpidey, Sunil Kumar Singh, Chief Fire Officer said, “The fire was reported at the chemical godown at around 4.35 pm. This warehouse was running in the middle of the population. The fire was brought under control within an hour”