A minor fire broke out in a tailoring workshop at Flat No 4/17 at Shipra Sun City Phase 2 on September 24. The incident, which took place around 7.30 pm, is said to have been caused by a short circuit.
Ajay Kumar Sharma, the Chief Fire Officer (CFO), Ghaziabad, said the flat was owned by an individual named Darpan. The flat is located on the third floor of a building on Moulshree Road.
Residents told City Spidey that even before the fire engine arrived they had already started dousing the flames. The fire was brought under control by the fire engine within an hour.
The room where the fire broke out was a temporary extension of the flat. It was being used as a tailoring workshop.
The CFO said losses worth Rs 50,000-Rs 60,000 were incurred.
In a similar incident a few months back, a boutique - run from a flat in Amrapali Village, another residential society in Indirapuram - had caught fire.
It is also important to note that commercial activities in residential areas are strictly prohibited as per the Uttar Pradesh Urban Planning and Development Act of 1973.
Fire at flat No. 4/17 at Shipra Sun City Phase 2