What happens when PK Mittal, President of RWA Sector 71, and his team, lands up at the office of AK Sharma, Project Engineer, Civil Circle-5, with a list of problems? Well, over chai and chat, the project engineer says, no problem! Yes, he agreed to resolve all the RWA issues listed below:
1. Road repairs: With a lot of pending work along the roads, pedestrian and vehicular movement was being restricted. The road edges were strewn with garbage, which gave the sector a rather shabby appearance. The RWA requested for installation of tiles along the roads for resident convenience and an aesthetic feel.
2. Preservation of green belts: Green belts in Noida are prone to abuse. Sometimes treated as garbage dumps, sometimes as a party spot for antisocial elements, green belts are seldom green. Sharma agreed to fortify the existing walls with a barbed-wire fence.
3. Signboard installations: Like most sectors in Noida, this residential area lacks signboards. Yes, we live in the era of GPS, but the good old signboards always come in handy during navigation for residents and visitors.
4. Additional gate for park: The park is huge but has only two gates at present. Residents have to walk a long way to reach either of the two gates. The RWA wants an additional gate to be installed to solve this problem.
5. Unclogging of drains: The B block drains are clogged near Gate No 2 of the sector and overflow in the monsoons. Once the link is completed, it will prevent clogging of the drains.