Greater Noida West: A fire incident happened in Palm Olympia, a group housing society in Gaur City 2, Sector 16-C, Greater Noida West on April 20, 2022, at noon. The incidents took place on the balcony of an apartment on the 17th floor of tower 7. The cause of the fire is not confirmed yet. As per residents, the flat had been closed for about the last two years. Household items including a sofa kept on the balcony were completely burnt. The fire also spread to the kitchen resulting in some damage there.
The society staff and the residents of the society brought the fire under control. Residents shared that the sprinklers and other fire fighting systems inside the flat made it easy to control the fire. As gathered, residents of adjacent flats were afraid. As per the residents, the cause of the fire is not confirmed but the residents mention that there was no electrical socket on the flat’s balcony.
Plam Olympia society has 12 towers and about 5,000 residents live in the society. Recently during April, fire incidents have also been reported in two other societies in Greater Noida West including Mayfair Residency and French Apartments.
SS Bisht, President of Palm Olympia society says, "The flat was closed for almost the last two years. Fortunately, the incident was not big and the residents of our society are safe. The fire safety equipment present in the flat helped us a lot and we were able to put it out in time."
Mohit Tyagi, a resident of the society says, “The cause of the fire is not confirmed which is bothering the residents. Maybe, a cigarette butt could be the reason. However, the good thing is that everyone is safe and we managed to control it before further damage."