Delhi: As the number of Covid cases are increasing with every passing day, the Delhi government has issued new Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for schools. The schools in Delhi are to remain open. The Directorate of Education (DOE) has advised schools in the national capital to shut a wing when a student tests positive for Covid 19. With this, the DOE has also issued revised SOP for schools to ensure student and staff safety.
Revised SOPs are mentioned below:
- The school staff has to take care of no entry of students or teachers with COVID symptoms into the school premises.
- The compulsion of thermal screening at the main gate of the school.
- Hand sanitization is compulsory at school entrances, classrooms, labs and public places.
- As per the SOPs, if any member of the family is having Covid symptoms, they should not send children to school.
- While taking the attendance, teachers have to make sure if any family member of the student is having symptoms of Covid 19.
- The school administration has to ensure that eligible students and staff members have received the vaccination.
- The SoP also states that all school heads should ensure the facility of quarantine rooms on their premises.
- If any case is reported in school, then it must be informed to zonal or District authorities.
Also read | Tips for school going children to stay safe from Covid
Earlier, Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) made wearing masks compulsory in the national capital. A penalty for not wearing masks was also issued.