Ghaziabad will soon have only energy-saving streetlights
Welcome To CitySpidey


Ghaziabad will soon have only energy-saving streetlights

And guess what? Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation is not spending a single penny on the 50,000 light points in the city!

Ghaziabad will soon have only energy-saving streetlights

Ghaziabad streets will soon have only energy-saving lights. All ordinary bulbs being used in the city will be replaced by LED lights, sodium bulbs and tubelights.

The project is expected to reduce electricity expenditure by more than 60 per cent, and set to create savings for the civic body.

The contract has been awarded to White Placard Technologies, a Jharkhand-based firm, which will be responsible for replacing all lights at their own cost. There are 50,214 light points across the city. 

Speaking to City Spidey, DK Sinha, Additional Municipal Commissioner, said that under the scheme, the contractor would replace all old lights and instal new ones wherever necessary. The entire work will be done over seven years.

Currently, the municipal body shells out a quarterly electricity bill of about Rs 3.5 crore. Once the project is implemented, 25 per cent of the savings from quarterly electricity charges will be retained by the corporation, while the remaining 75 per cent will be awarded to the contractor.

Revenue will be calculated on the difference in electricity bills. Installation of electrical equipment and its maintenance will be undertaken by the contractor. The bills will also be verified by a committee of officials from both the municipal corporation and the contractor.