The residents of Ghaziabad are in for a treat. At a recent board meeting, Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation (GMC) announced that those paying house tax before March 31 would receive a 20 per cent tax benefit.
Mayor Ashu Verma was also present at the meeting, where 19 of the 24 proposals for the development of the city was passed.
Here are five more happy announcements made at the meeting:
1. Water ATMs soon: Water-vending machines, called water ATMs, will be installed in places where groundwater is not suitable for drinking. These will provide water cleaned through a system of reverse osmosis (RO). Residents will be charged on a per-litre basis but rates are yet to be finalised. Water ATMS in other parts of the city will follow.
2. Polythene-free city: To make Ghaziabad polythene-free, municipal teams will be formed in every ward. These will ensure the polythene ban is being followed.
3. Garbage collection: Garbage will be collected from homes in all residential areas in the city. At present, the GMC has given the tender to one company, which will be responsible for collecting domestic waste in Vasundhara.
4. Better roads: Rs 5 crore has been allotted for the repair of damaged roads.
5. Shifting of dumping ground: The Pratap Vihar dumping ground will be shifted outside the city. The spot is yet to be decided. A budget of Rs 4 crore has been earmarked for this.
(PHOTO CREDIT: Commonfloor.com)TAGS: Ghaziabad / Municipal Corporation / Nagar Nigam / Holi / House tax / Water ATM / RO / polythene / Vasundhara / Pratap Vihar