The boy was playing in the drawing room with his mother, and was taken to the washroom just a few seconds before the crash.
It was a close shave yesterday for a two-and-half-year-old infant at Skytech Matrott in Sector 76, Noida. A portion of the plaster from the drawing-room ceiling came crashing, but luckily the toddler was taken to the washroom just a few seconds back.
The incident happened in Flat 504.
The boy was playing in the drawing room with his mother, Mitika Garg. Just as she took the baby to the washroom, she heard a loud thud.
The mother told City Spidey that luckily she hadn’t gone to office, as her baby wasn’t well.
She immediately informed the maintenance office. The housekeeping was sent to clean up the floor.
Residents alleged that similar episodes had been reported in the society. They complained that the builder had not used quality material, and therefore, the plaster had started to come off within just a few years of construction.