Eco-friendly e-rickshaw all set to hit Noida roads
A group of e-rickshaws below Sector-15 metro station in Noida
By Ramesh Kumar
Photo: Samrat Roy
Posted: Mar 31, 2016
Residents of Noida, especially those living in the newly developed sectors, need no longer rely on overcharging auto-rickshaws for short distances. They can now look forward to a much cheaper alternative – e-rickshaw.
As many as 13 routes, covering a maximum number of sectors, have been finalised by the Noida Administration for the e-rickshaws to ply on.
The decision was taken on Thursday at a meeting which preceded distribution of the battery-operated rickshaws by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Noida on April 5.
For safety of passengers, the e-rickshaws will be equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) trackers. Though these vehicles will not be allowed to ply on the busy Noida-Greater Noida Express Way, they can pass through the adjoining service lanes.
The proposal to allow e-rickshaws on city roads was approved by a joint meeting of officials of the Noida Authority, Traffic Police and the Department of Transport.
Speaking to City Spidey, Assistant Regional Transport Officer, Rachna Yaduvanshi, informed that so far, permission is given to only 250 e-rickshaws to ply on Noida roads. The department has decided to raise the number to 1,000 in next phase.
The Metro Rail Corporation has agreed to provide parking space to e-rickshaws at all Metro stations.
- From Noida Border (Ashok Nagar) to Village Jhundpura at Sector 11 via Rohan Motors, Sector 6, 7, and 8
- From petrol pump at Sector 14 to Nayabans, Sector-2 and 3, Sector 4 and 5, Sector 9 to 5, Sector 10 and 8, Sector 11, 12 and Metro Hospital and Sector 12-22 juncture
- Sector 18 Attapeer to Sector 19 and Sector 27, Sector 26 to 27 and Sector 21 to 25, Sector 22, 23 and Chaura Village
- Sector-56 Nehru Yuva Kendra to Sector 22, 56, Sector 55, 57 and Rajat Vihar, Khora Chowk and Labour Chowk
- Botanical Garden to Sector-37, Sector 29 to Sector 50 and 41, and Sector 49, 41, Baraula Chowk, City Centre Metro Station
- City Centre Metro Station to Sector-51, 39, sector 50, 41, sector 49, 41, Baraula Chowk and Sector 43, 48, Sector 46 and 47
- City Centre Metro Station to Sector-50, 51, Sector 50 circle, and Sector 50, 51-part A, Sector 75 and 72
- Sector 49 Baraula to Salarpur, NEPZ, Hosiery Complex, Phase-2, Police Station, Sector 80, 81, Sector 80 and 81
- Sector 105 Crossing to Village Sultanpur, Village Gejha, Sector 93A, 93A and 93B, Sector 92 and 93B
- Shopprix Mall Sector 61 to NTPC Chowk to City Centre Metro Station.
- Sai Mandir to Sector 71, 66, sector 66, 67, Sector 64, 65, sector-63, 65 and Village Garhi Chaukhandi
- Botanical Garden Metro Station to Sector 44 and left side of Mahamaya Flyover towards Amity College.
- From Circle to Express Way through service lanes to Sector 126, 127 and 128.
/ eco-friendly transport service
/ Noida Authority
/ Global Positioning System (GPS)
/ Noida-Greater Noida Expressway