Fire incident exposes lack of fire safety in Gaur City, GreNo
Welcome To CitySpidey


Fire incident exposes lack of fire safety in Gaur City, GreNo

Residents question Greater Noida Authority on how it could issue a completion certificate without checking if fire safety systems were in place.

Fire incident exposes lack of fire safety in Gaur City, GreNo

A spark from a welding machine used for installation work of IGL pipelines started a fire in two flats of Tower C in Avenue 6 of Gaur City, a residential colony in Noida Extension, on Sunday. The incident took place in Flat No 18 and 19 when a team of IGL was installing a pipeline.



Rakshit Singh, a resident of the society, told City Spidey that the incident took place around 11 am. Residents of the society and security guards managed to control 90 per cent of the fire before tenders reached the spot.

Ashutosh Singh, who lives in Flat No 19, said that at the time of the incident, he was outside the society with his wife and children. "When I reached home, I saw smoke and fire in my house,” he said. As per initial estimates, he has lost goods worth Rs 50,000 in the incident.

Residents of the society alleged that the fire system installed by the developer was not in working condition. "Several families are living in the society for the past one year without safety measures in place," Singh added.

Residents said that no one from the developer's side visited the spot. The residents also questioned the Greater Noida Authority on how it could have given a completion certificate to the developer without checking fire safety measures first.

"Residents approached the Bisrakh police station to lodge a complaint against the developer," Rakshit added.

When City Spidey contacted the maintenance staff of the society, no one was available for comment.

Rajesh Kumar Sharma, SHO of Bisrakh police station, told City Spidey that he had not received any complaint from Gaur City residents yet. “The fire incident took place, but the fire department controlled the fire in the society," he added.


A few images from the flat where the fire broke out: