SPIDEY BUZZ

BREAKING: Pradyuman's father moves court to have the accused tried as an adult

By Reena Dhankher
Posted: Nov 15, 2017

Barun Thakur, father of the 7-year-old boy who was found murdered in the bathroom of Ryan International Bhondsi on September 8, has moved an application in the Juvenile Justice Board, Haryana, to have the accused Class XI student tried not as a juvenile but as an adult.

Sushil K Tekriwal, Supreme Court lawyer on the case, said, "The offence is heinous, diabolical and serious, and hence the accused, who is 16 years old, should be tried as an adult and not a juvenile."

"A report will be prepared by the board to assess the physical and mental capacity of the accused to commit such a crime. This is mandatory for the application to be disposed of in favour of the complainant," he added.

Thakur said, "We have filed an application with the Juvenile Justice Board. After the necessary protocols are completed, a hearing will take place and a decision will be made." 

This comes a day after the accused said he had been forced to confess to the murder by the CBI.

The CBI had earlier said the boy confessed to the murder, saying he wanted to get school examinations postponed. The CBI had also seized the accused's computer and said the boy had searched the internet on various types of poison and ways to remove fingerprints.

With a new twist every day, the Ryan International murder just keeps getting murkier.  

TAGS: Pradyuman / Ryan murder / Ryan International / Murder / Death

COMMENT