GDA approves infrastructure projects worth Rs 190 crore
Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) yesterday approved infrastructure projects worth Rs 190 crore in a meeting of the Infrastructure Development Funds Committee. The infrastructure funds will go into 13 projects in the city.
Upgrading of sewer and water lines, construction of an elevated road and a bridge, multilevel parking, and renovation of existing infrastructure were a few of the major proposals.
Here’s a list of the approved projects and their projected cost:
1. Construction of a mechanised multilevel parking in Raj Nagar District Centre at Rs 20 crore.
2. Construction of a bridge on GT Road over the Hindon river at Rs 20 crore.
3. Facelift of the four entry gates of Ghaziabad, and the gates of the District Collectorate and GDA at Rs 6 crore.
4. Upgradation of the sewage system and Ganga water supply at Rs 20 crore.
5. Facelift of Mohan Nagar intersection at Rs 1.25 crore.
6. Renovation of the road from the Hindon airbase to ITS Engineering College at Rs 8 crore.
7. Construction of the RCC drain near Lohia Park at Rajendra Nagar at Rs 5.3 crore.
8. Underground-electricity-cable-laying work in Ghaziabad at Rs 50 crore.
9. Nirmal Hindon Scheme at Rs 5 crore.
While the above projects were approved, detailed project reports have been asked for four more infrastructure projects. These reports are to be presented during the next meeting of the committee.
1. An elevated road from Ghantaghar till Bhatiya Mod at Rs 85 crore.
2. A cultural centre named ‘Subah-e-Ghaziabad’ on the banks of the Hindon river at Rs 5 crore.
3. Hindon riverfront development work at Rs 20 crore.
4. Installation of traffic lights at various intersections in the city at Rs 5 crore.