The district administration of Gautam Budh Nagar on Monday issued an advisory to residents after India Meteorological Department (IMD) issued a storm alert in Northern and Eastern India including the western UP area.
The IMD has already issued storm alert in northern and eastern states on May 7 and 8. Residents have been asked to prepare for extreme weather.
“Thunderstorm accompanied with squall and hail are very likely at isolated places over Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Punjab (on Monday). Thunderstorm accompanied with squall is very likely at isolated places over Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi. Thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds are very likely at isolated places over west Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Sikkim, Odisha, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, interior Karnataka and Kerala,” the IMD said.
The GB Nagar administration clearly mentioned do’s and don’ts to residents so that any untoward incidents do not take place.
Here is the list of do’s and don’ts:
1. Park vehicles in the covered area (indoor parking).
2. Those people, who are living in huts, are suggested to move at a suitable place.
3. Move to a sturdy building.
4. Residents should call up relatives, who are already travelling outside, to take refuge at their nearest relatives’ home.
5. Residents should call at 100 in case of any casualty. Help will be sent by the district administration.
6. Residents should have the torch, candle, first-aid box and other useful items at their places.
1. Avoid driving own vehicles or any kind of travel.
2. Don’t use electrical appliances and telephone. Use phones only in an emergency.
3. Don’t send children outside the house during the thunderstorm.
4. Do not take shelter in small sheds, under isolated trees, poles and advertising hoarding.TAGS: Storm alert in Gautam Budh Nagar / Thunderstorm alert in North India / Noida weather / Noida news / Dos and don'ts to deal with storm alert