The student of class 11 is accused of slitting the throat of class 2 student in the toilet of school on September 8 last year.
The Gurugram Special Children’s Court on Monday ruled that the 16-year-old accused in the private school murder case will be considered as an adult during the trial. The student of class 11 is accused of slitting the throat of class 2 student in the toilet of school on September 8 last year.
The court dismissed the appeal challenging the Juvenile Justice Board’s order on December 20 last year. The court also rejected the two petitions challenging the permission granted to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take the accused into custody.
The counsel for the accused argued that the order passed by JJB was bad in law. The counsel also said that he was not given ample opportunities to present his case.
Additional sessions judge JS Kundu said that the crime was heinous while giving the verdict.
However, the father of the accused was not happy with the ruling as said that he will file a writ petition in the high court. “My son is innocent and I will not leave any stone unturned to save him”, father of the accused said.
“We will take all the remedies available to us as per the law as the orders are not legally sustainable”, Sandeep Aneja, counsel for the juvenile accused, said.
The case was transferred to the Special Children’s Court, Gurugram on December 20.
While declaring the accused as an adult, the court said that circumstances advocate that accused was mature enough to understand the consequences of crime and to also think about ways to escape the punishment.
“We knew and argued hence that his appeal holds no ground and the JJB has passed a reasoned and judicious order which cannot be faulted with”, Sushil Tekriwal, the counsel of the victim’s family, said.