This section is not available in your neighbourhood.
Residents of Noida sector 51 claimed that a transformer located in block D of their area had caught fire at 12:25 am on Thursday. They said that the fire was doused off by two security guards of the society along with a security guard of Rhythm playschool. However, no casualties were reported due to the fire.
The residents have been suffering due to inadequate power supply since the last few days.
Further, their woes failed to end as a blast took place in the same transformer at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. This in turn led to a massive power failure in the entire sector.
As per the residents, the power was restored after three hours, around 11:30 a.m.
Sanjeev Kumar, Secretary of RWA, Sector 51, spoke to City Spidey regarding the issue of power cuts.
“Whenever we complain, the officials blame it on the ongoing work of the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC). However, what we fail to understand is that when the metro’s trial run is conducted during the day, then why do power cuts occur in the night?”
The residents are fed up with frequent power cuts which have worsened in comparison to the last year.
Rahul Pandey, an engineer of PVVNL, however said that the transformer hadn’t caught fire. He claimed that instead the cable box installed near the transformer had caught fire.
“The reason is still unknown but we think that it happened due to overloading or heating,” Pandey said.
He further claimed that the problem had been resolved and power supply restored in the sector.
TAGS: Blast in transformer of Noida Sector 51 / Noida Sector 51 transformer blast / Noida Sector 51 residents suffer from frequent outages / Frequent power cuts in Noida Sector 51 / Transformer blast in Noida Sector 51 / Transformer blast / Noida news / Noida
A division of Steve Medius Private Ltd.
Registered Office: 1108, Kailash Building, 26 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Tel. No.: +91 72900 05669
Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIN NO: U22100DL2013PTC259563