Boy electrocuted in Dwarka near Ramphal Chowk


Boy electrocuted in Dwarka near Ramphal Chowk

The boy, a young student from Maharashtra, was electrocuted while he was trying to cross a waterlogged street.  

Boy electrocuted in Dwarka near Ramphal Chowk

Finally, naked wires have claimed a life in Dwarka.

A young student from Maharashtra was electrocuted a couple of day back near Ramphal Chowk area in Sector 7 while trying to cross a waterlogged street. To take support, he tried to grab an iron board close to an electric pole and that lead to the electrocution.

The whole incident was witnessed by head constable Deepak and constable Jhabarmal while they were patrolling the area on June 27 at around 9.00 pm. An FIR was lodged at Dwarka South Police Station the next day.

Deputy Commissioner of Police, Dwarka, Shibesh Singh, shared the details of the incident on various WhatsApp groups of the media and the police of South West District. He wrote: “Head constable Deepak, along with constable Jhabarmal, was on patrol duty at Ramphal Chowk. At about 9.00 pm, he saw four boys — Bhavesh, Rupesh Jain, Jayesh and Mervyn Roy — all aged 18-20 years and students of pilot training course, standing at the corner of Ramphal Chowk. Bhavesh tried to cross the pavement by holding an iron board just close to electric pole to avoid water puddles. He got an electric shock and when his three friends tried to save him by holding his hand, they also came in contact with the current.  Head constable Deepak, by showing great presence of mind and exemplary courage, landed a strong kick on the boy’s hand, freeing all the other three boys. Then, he revived Bhavesh through CPR and immediately rushed to Venkateshwar Hospital, where the boy succumbed to his injury, but the lives of other three young boys were saved. A case vide FIR no 191/18 u/s 287/304A IPC has been registered in Dwarka South Police Station.”

The incident has shocked the community of Dwarka, where naked wires can be seen everywhere.

The subject was recently highlighted by City Spidey in one of its reports.

Residents are angry and want to file a case against the electrical agency, BSES.  A resident of Sector 12, Ravi Verma, said, “Open fuse boxes with naked wires is a common sight in Dwarka. During monsoons, it turns fatal. Civic bodies should ensure that no such incident happens in future.”