This section is not available in your neighbourhood.
Five days after the heinous rape of three-and-half-year-old girl, the district administration of Gautam Budh Nagar on Tuesday held a comprehensive meeting with the principals of private schools following the CBSE and ICSE curriculum in Greater Noida.
The district administration made it clear that schools will have to comply with the guidelines and directions of the Supreme Court, CBSE and the state government for the safety of the students.
The district magistrate of Gautam Budh Nagar, BN Singh, chaired a meeting which was attended by nearly 500 delegates from schools all across the Greater Noida. He asked them to submit a compliance report on safety measures taken in the school before August 5.
After the meeting, the district administration released an order comprising many points which should be followed by the school management. Here is the order:
1. All the schools will have to follow the new guidelines directed by the state government for the safety of the children by August 5.
2. All the schools have been directed to submit an affidavit on notarized stamp paper of Rs 100 stating that they will abide by the rules and safety guidelines issued by CBSE and State government. The affidavits need be submitted by August 5 in the office of Inspector of Schools, Gautam Budh Nagar.
3. The affidavit will be undertaken by the principal and the administration of the school.
4. A separate list, including the schools which will fail to submit the affidavit, will be published on the official website of district administration marking them as unsafe for students.
5. The Schools submitting their affidavit within the prescribed time limit will undergo an inspection by a team formed by the district administration. The team will comprise of officials from the district administration and a representative from parent's association. The schools will be selected randomly for inspection.
6. The inspection process will start from August 20. Upon noncompliance with these guidelines, strict actions will be initiated against the schools. It may also end up in the scrapping of recognition of the schools.
The DM told City Spidey, “If any school does not follow the order and does not submit the report before August 5, then they should become ready to face action. Now, we are very serious about the safety of the children in the school.”
A group of parents also handed over a letter in DM office requesting action against the principal of DPS School and management for the recent incident.
Ravinder Bhatti, a resident of Greater Noida, told City Spidey that the committee formed by the DM should include parents or social activists for the transparency in the investigation.
“We also demanded through the letter that a tough action must be taken against the principal and the management of the school because they are the responsible for anything happened in the school premises,” Bhatti said.TAGS: DPS rape / Rape of 3.5-year-old in school / Safety of children in schools / DM of Gautam Budh Nagar / BN Singh / Noida news / Greater Noida news
A division of Steve Medius Private Ltd.
Registered Office: 1108, Kailash Building, 26 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Tel. No.: +91 120 412 3111, +91 72900 05669
Customer Support: email@example.com
Head Office: C-107, Sector 2, NOIDA, U.P. - 201301
CIN NO: U22100DL2013PTC259563