Malhotra felt sudden uneasiness and only medicines could ease his health conditions.
While being at the DDA Park near Welcome Group CGHS recently, an 80-year-old JC Malhotra suddenly felt suffocation due to smoke emanating from the burning of garbage. He felt sudden uneasiness and only medicines could ease his health conditions. He is a regular visitor to the park as he teaches a bunch of small children there.
Now, he takes special precautions while visiting the park. He shared, “The situation is really serious as the burning of garbage has become very common. One can often see the smoke coming out of the park. Two days back, it was very suffocating to be in the park. This must be checked.”
The park is surrounded by many societies such as Balaji Apartments, Welcome Group CGHS, Batuk Ji CGHS, National Apartments, Astha Kunj Apartments, Sansad Vihar Apartments and Heritage Tower Apartments.
Hundreds of people including children use the park in the morning and evening. But, the smoke coming out from the burning of garbage has made the life of park users very difficult especially during the evening.
RK Singh said, “I noticed that the dry grasses or leaves are burnt very often. I think it is done deliberately. Either the sweepers from the societies around it or from the civic bodies do it. The corporation must check it. Senior citizens like me are facing a lot of difficulties there.”
People informed that such burning had been there for more than a year. They raised the issues to the civic bodies but nothing happened in that direction. On the subject, an SDMC official on condition of anonymity said that they will look into the subject and do the needful.