This section is not available in your neighbourhood.
A minor fire broke out inside the kitchen of an eighth-floor flat of East End Apartment in Mayur Vihar Extension today morning. The occupants and neighbours of the house were able to control the flames immediately even before fire brigade officials reached the spot.
According to the locals, the fire broke out around 7 am in flat number 801 of 16th block because of an electric short-circuit in kitchen chimney. The occupant, who was cooking breakfast at the time, immediately alerted her neighbours who rushed to the smoke-filled kitchen and were able to control the fire.
The neighbours also informed the fire station located near the Shahdara drain. According to the residents, fire brigade reached the spot within 15 minutes.
However, the fire was fully doused before the fire brigade arrived. Speaking to City Spidey, a Mayur Vihar fire station official said, “We received a call at 7:10 am and by 7:11 am the fire brigade had left the station.”
When questioned why it took 15 minutes to reach the spot that is hardly 200 metres away, the official said, “We had to slow down inside the society because of vehicles parked alongside the lane inside the society.”
City Spidey also tried to contact the residents of the flat, but they did not comment.TAGS: minor fire / kitchen fire / East End Apartment / Mayur Vihar Extension / fire brigade / short-circuit in kitchen chimney
A division of Steve Medius Private Ltd.
Registered Office: 1108, Kailash Building, 26 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Tel. No.: +91 120 412 3111, +91 72900 05669
Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: C-107, Sector 2, NOIDA, U.P. - 201301
CIN NO: U22100DL2013PTC259563