This section is not available in your neighbourhood.
A washing machine on Friday caught fire due to short circuit at Nirala Estate in Noida Extension. The fire was of such magnitude that one can see the flames from a distance.
However, there was no casualty reported from the incident.
The incident happened at 11 am in the morning. Generally, the MCB trips when there is a short circuit. But, it did not happen and caused a big fire.
A resident and the owner of the washing machine, Jasveer Sehgal said, “The incident took place at 11 am. The Samsung machine was three years old. We are trying to know the actual reason for the fire.”
It is being conjectured that the moisture around the machine caused a short circuit. Along with the machine, books and some clothes were also burnt.
“The moisture build-up was due to the placing of the washing machine in the bathroom,” said Samsung in an official statement.
Sehgal’s wife was doing her laundry in the balcony of a room. She switched on the washing machine for less than 10 minutes.
However, she rushed back after noticing an unusual smell and found the washing machine was engulfed in flames and thick smoke.
More details are awaited on this.TAGS: Washing machine catches fire at Nirala Estate / Fire at washing machine / Incidents of fire in Noida Extension / Fire incidents at Noida / Noida news
A division of Steve Medius Private Ltd.
Registered Office: 1108, Kailash Building, 26 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Tel. No.: +91 120 412 3111, +91 72900 05669
Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Office: C-107, Sector 2, NOIDA, U.P. - 201301
CIN NO: U22100DL2013PTC259563