SPIDEY BUZZ


Photo: Pic used for representative purpose alone
Major fire prevented at a high-rise in Crossings Republik yesterday night

Posted: Nov 02, 2018     By City Spidey

A major fire incident was averted yesterday night at Assotech The Nest in Crossings Republik, thanks to the prompt response from the maintenance staff.

An advertisement glow board from the terrace of tower B on the 22nd floor had caught fire at around 8pm. On spotting it, the maintenance staff immediately rushed to the site with fire-fighting equipment and had the blaze under control.

It could have turned fatal had the staff did not reached on time, admitted Kumar Nishant, AOA general secretary.

The fire resulted from a short circuit in the wiring of the board, which had been dead for many years.

Nishant said, “The board was dead and the bulbs fused, but unfortunately, it still had power supply, which led to the short circuit.”

He also ruled out the possibility of anybody playing a prank, as the terrace is always kept locked.

The incident, yet again, underscores the dire need for a fire station in the area.

Since the last three years, residents have repeatedly approached the authorities, requesting them to provide land for an independent fire station, but to no avail.

Currently, the matter is stuck between district administration, civic agencies and the developer, Crossings Infrastructure Pvt Ltd (CIPL). The residents say the CIPL had marketed flats with promises of a fire station and a hospital, but none were delivered.

TAGS: Assotech The Nest / Crossings Republik /

COMMENT