Couple found dead under mysterious conditions at home in Niti Khand III

By Ashish Srivastava
Photo: Graphics by Akash Mishra
Posted: Nov 12, 2018

A couple — a 24-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman — was found dead today under mysterious circumstances at their residence in Niti Khand III, Indirapuram. Police found both the bodies in the bedroom; the man was found hanging from the ceiling fan with his hands tied, while the woman lay in the corner of the bed with foam in her mouth. 

Police have identified the deceased as Parvesh Rohilla and Kanchan Gupta. They got married merely ten months ago in January 2018. While Parvesh hailed from Baghpat district, Kanchan was a native of Etawah district. Both of them were living on the ground floor in a rented accommodation. The wife had been living in that house for six to seven years and the husband had moved in after marriage.

According to police officials, Parvesh’s mother and his younger brother had gone over to visit the couple at around 2.30 pm today. The moment they reached the house they were taken aback by the foul smell emanating from within. The house was locked from inside at the time.

“They immediately alerted the police, as they sensed something wrong. The police team reached the spot, and the door was broken in their presence. Her son was found hanging from the ceiling fan, but strangely enough, his hands were tied, while the wife was found lying on the bed with foam in her mouth,” said Nazir Ali Khan, station house officer (SHO), Indirapuram police station.

“Prima facie it appears the woman had consumed some poisonous substance, which resulted in her death,” he added. 

The mother told the cops that she had been trying to contact Parvesh since Saturday, but her calls went unanswered. 

The neighbours living upstairs told City Spidey that they could hear shouting and quarrels till 4 am on Saturday. They also said that the couple fought and argued frequently. “We would often wake up in our sleep in the wee hours because of their high-decibel quarrels,” one of them said, on condition of anonymity. 

The mother also confirmed that they were having a troublesome relationship.

Police also found a suicide note written by Parvesh near the bodies. It said: “I have had to go through a lot of injustice, and I have given up [mere upar dher saare anyay ho chuke hain aur main haar chuka hoon].”

City Spidey also got to know that Parvesh was facing charges of rape and fraud levelled by Kanchan in December 2017. Strangely enough, both got married a month later in January, but the case continued at Ghaziabad court. 

Parvesh was sent to jail for five months in March during trials, and was released in July, confirmed police. In fact, they added, he was supposed to be present before Ghaziabad court today for further proceedings.

The brother told City Spidey that after coming out of jail, Kanchan used to torture Parvesh. “She had confined him to home. She never allowed him to go out or even talk to us on the phone. We barely spoke,” he said. 

This was Kanchan’s second marriage. She had divorced her first husband a few years ago and had a 13-year-old daughter from the relationship. The girl lives with Kanchan's mother in Etawah.

Parvesh used to work in a telecommunications company, but had been unemployed since his release from the jail. Kanchan was part of a marketing team working for a builder in Ghaziabad.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem. “Forensic teams have collected fingerprints and other evidence from the spot. Further investigations are under way” SHO Khan said.

TAGS: Ghaziabad court / suicide / Parvesh / Kanchan / Niti Khand III / Indirapuram