Six people, including a young girl, had taken ill on Wednesday night in Noida’s Sector 71 due to alleged food poisoning after eating a cake they had ordered from a nearby bakery shop.
A complaint has been registered at Phase 3 police station. According to the victims, all of them had to be admitted to a hospital after their symptoms worsened. However, they were discharged after their condition improved.
According to the police, the victim Tannu is a student of a private college in Noida and lives in Sector 71.
On Wednesday evening, her brother Ravi and friends Nanu, Akshay, Lucky and Rohtash had come to her home. They all decided to celebrate their get-together and ordered two cakes of one kg each from a bakery shop in Noida Extension.
“They got the contact number of the bakery from Just Dial. At about 7 pm, a delivery boy came with the cake. Just after eating the cake, everyone started complaining of stomachache and vomiting,” police said.
Akhilesh Tripathi, SHO of Phase-3 police station, said that a complaint has been registered by Tannu and investigation is under process. “We will call the owner of the bakery shop and enquire about the incident,” he added.TAGS: Noida / food poisoning / cake / Phase 3 police station / Noida Extension