The Apartment Owners’ Association of Prateek Wisteria, a highrise luxury homes in Noida sector 77, on Thursday inspected all the towers of the society. They checked all the fire alarms, which were said to be non-functional when a major fire broke out at the third-floor flat of tower-F, on Wednesday.
They also prepared a detailed report and assured that immediate steps would be taken to fix all the smoke alarms in all the towers of the over 15-acre society.
When City Spidey spoke to Nish Rai, secretary of Apartment Owners’ Association (AOA) of Prateek Wisteria, she said, "Yesterday's incident shook us completely. It made us rethink how much safety precaution we are taking. Keeping that in mind, we checked all the fire alarms in all the towers. A detailed report has also been prepared and if any issue found, it will be rechecked and fixed as soon as possible."
Rai also mentioned that they are also planning to organise mock fire drills to sensitise the residents of 1,800 flats,
"We will soon be organising mock fire drills and ensure that everyone should participate in it. It's very important to know the basic safety measures when you are staying in a highrise society," she added.
A major fire incident was averted Wednesday morning after a Kitchen chimney, installed in the third-floor flat of tower-F, had caught fire at around 10 am. No casualties were reported as the maintenance staff of the society immediately rushed to the site with fire extinguishers and had the blaze under control. It was noticed that none of the automatic fire alarm started ringing when the smoke started spreading in society.TAGS: Prateek Wisteria / Fire / Nisha Rai / Fire Alarm / Society / Resident. Mock Fire Drills