There seems to be a small window of hope for the residents of C 2 Block in Sushant Lok I in Gurugram who had last week complained of getting their only park in the society demolished in an “unauthorized manner.”
Rajan Sehgal, general secretary of the block’s RWA (which is also known as Lord Krishna Enclave) said that they had immediately written to the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram to take action in the matter and return the residents their only green space in the locality.
“However, nothing came out of it. But we still kept on pursuing it. All our residents shared the incident on social media platforms asking the authorities to take immediate action and something good has come out it,” said Sehgal.
Recently, an executive engineer from the horticulture department of MCG contacted the RWA and assured them to find the facts on the matter. “We have requested them to visit the park and see for themselves how a green space was vandalised and has been snatched away from the residents. He has assured to visit soon,” added Sehgal.
The residents had complained that early morning on May 20, a handful of people along with 100-odd policemen and three JCBs had entered the park and started breaking down the pavements, walking tracks and swings. They later even broke the gate meant to enter the park and instead erected a wall so that the residents can no longer enter the park.
The residents had later filed an online police complaint about the same issue.
According to the residents, this is the only park in the society. In 2009, when the colony was set up, the land was meant to be developed as a primary school by the builder. But when that development did not happen, the residents had contacted the Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) and managed to get an order declaring the school to be developed as a park.