Noida: Hanging electric pole may fall anytime; can cause serious damages
Residents, belonging to Sector 41, Noida, are concerned about their safety after an electric pole was snapped from the bottom and started swaying along with the windstorm on early Sunday morning.
It can prove fatal to the passersby as it can come down anytime and electrocute them. Residents alleged that Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (PVVNL), which is responsible for the power distribution across the city, is not taking any prompt action, despite multiple complaints.
Anil Khanna, President of Residents Welfare Association (RWA), sector 41, said, “The electric pole right in front of the J-52 residential plot was swaying during the wind storm in the morning. But the Authority has turned a blind eye to the issue.”
“The officials seem to be waiting for some mishap to happen before any action is taken. We have requested for an immediate action to avert any unfortunate incident,” he alleged.
Residents had also recorded the incident and have submitted the video to the concerned officials. Khanna said that many requests have earlier been made to replace the pole with new one but any action on their part is awaited.
An overhead live wire passes through the pole, and if it falls down it might cause a great damage, especially to those living inside the residential building near the pole.
Sanjay Sharma, Executive Engineer, said that he joined recently and after having a look into the matter accepted the need of replacement. He assured that an action will be taken to replace it with a new pole soon.