SPIDEY BUZZ

Shipra Sun City AOAs come in action after 12-year-old dies

Photo: CitySpidey
Posted: Aug 13, 2019

Days, after a 12-year-old boy died after being electrocuted in a park at Shipra Sun City, the management bodies came into action and have taken several measures to avoid such incidents in the future.

The residential complex is being administered by two AOAs- Shipra Sun City AOA (commonly called phase I) and Windsor & Nova AOA (commonly called phase II). While AOA of Phase I is wrapping electricity poles with polythene, AOA of phase II is all set to replace all electricity junction boxes of its area.

Besides, the residents are also contributing their part by searching for the problem spots like open or naked electricity cables and updating the matter to their respective AOA.

Meanwhile, commenting upon the measures taken up by both the AOAs, Sanjay Singh, Municipal Councillor of Shipra Sun City said that AOAs' focus is on the cosmetic change which will not bring any change. They should rather focus on preventive maintenance.

"The associations wake up after an incident has already taken place. Repair the faults and again go back to sleep. Whereas, they must hold such maintenance drives more often," Singh said.

"Both the AOAs should do earthing of more than 150 electricity poles in the complex. It will avoid a number of such fatal accidents. Besides, Chinese lights are highly unendurable. Their usage must be stopped. Also, identifying the dangerous spots and putting up notice over there would help as well," Singh suggested.

On Friday, a 12-year-old child was electrocuted to death while he was playing volleyball with other children in the park. The incident happened after the volleyball hit a lampost inside the park, shattering its glass and bulb. The lampost was decorated with a Chinese light. A team of electricity department surveyed the spot a day after. In the survey, serious negligence on part of  AOA, Phase II came into light.

The survey revealed that the bulb holder of the electricity pole got in touch with the iron pole through which, the electricity was transmitted in the whole fencing. This is how Prayas got electrocuted when he touched the iron gate of the park. The formal report by the electricity department is still awaited.

In 2018, a 34-year-old man died after being electrocuted by a live wire in a park of phase I of Shipra Sun City.

TAGS: Electric Shock / Shipra Sun City / twelve-year-old boy / Indirapuram / Naked Wire / Shanti Gopal Hopsital / 12-year-old boy / AOA

ALSO READ

COMMENT