Gaur City couple suicide case: Kin, Police question circumstances
Welcome To CitySpidey


Gaur City couple suicide case: Kin, Police question circumstances

Sunny was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his flat. Whereas, Priyanka was found in pool of blood.

Gaur City couple suicide case: Kin, Police question circumstances

Family members of the young married couple of Greater Noida West, who decided to end their lives, are in complete shock with the incident. Both, the duo's kin and the police have too many questions to ask.

Earlier, Sunny Sinha and his wife, Priyanka was living in a flat in 4th Avenue of Gaur City. Sunny was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his flat. Whereas, Priyanka was found in a pool of blood. She reportedly cut her wrist and is currently admitted in Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi.

Priyanka’s father RK Prashad, a resident of Stellar Jeevan, a multi-story residential building told CitySpidey that around 9.00 pm his daughter left his house for her residence.

“Around 40-45 minutes later I received a call from my daughter asking me to rush at her flat. Before I could ask anything, the phone was disconnected. I first went to my home and later headed towards her flat. As I reached, I found blood everywhere and my daughter was nowhere to be found. On the other hand, her husband's body was being carried out. I immediately dialed 100 number and told the police that my daughter was missing. In the meantime, a policeman approached me and asked me to rush to Safdarjung hospital and save my daughter. By the time I reached the hospital she was being given medical treatment, Prashad said.

He further said that the two tied the nuptial knot two years ago during an arranged ceremony. Both were setteled and were working with giant corporate companies. “At the time of the marriage, Priyanka was working with TCL in Bangalore. After six months of marriage, she got transferred to Noida branch. Whereas, Sunny was working as a branch manager with Samsung. She said nothing during her last visit at our residence. I don't know what made both of them to take such extream step at sudden, Prasad added.

When CitySpidey visited the Safdarjung Hospital, Priyanka was admitted to ICU ward. Her relatives claimed that she was conscious but was unable to say anything.

“We did not ask anything. Not she is crying. Doctors informed us that her condition was much stable and she was out of danger. But the doctors have referred her to physiatry department to see if she had gone through mental trauma,” the relative explained.

The family, however, maintained that they were not aware of any tension between the two. “What can I say? They both were well setteled. My wife is a heart patient, I have not told her about the incident. Will talk to her once she discharges from teh hospital,” Priyanka's father said.

However, the police differ with the claim of Priyanka’s father and said that the family was aware of the conflict between the two. “Priyanka’s father had visited her flat earlier in the day also. There were some issues between them. We are yet to reach to any conclusion, though the preliminary investigation revealed that the husband was the first to commit suicide and then the wife tried to do the same by cutting her wrist. There were multiple cuts on her wrist. We immediately rushed her to the hospital,” said Veer Pal Tomar, in-charge of Gaur Chowk police station.

“Postmortem of the body (Sunny) was done and the body has been handed over to his family. We are investigating the matter from all the possible angles and will be able to say more on it once the investigation complete,” Tomar added.