Dog electrocuted to death at Aura Chimera, management staff booked
Dog electrocuted to death at Aura Chimera, management staff booked
Ashish Srivastava
Dog electrocuted to death at Aura Chimera, management staff booked
Photo: CitySpidey

Dog electrocuted to death at Aura Chimera, management staff booked

In an estranged event of electrocution, a stray dog died on Sunday at Aura Chimera, a highrise in Raj Nagar Extension.

Residents found the stiffed body of the dog which was attached to an electricity pole in the morning. Worried and disgruntled residents tested the pole and lodged an FIR against the developer and maintenance management of the society at Sihani Gate Police Station.

Suryamani Singh, a resident of the highrise said, "We suspected that it must have occurred due to electrocution. Later, when we tested the pole, we found it to be true.”

However, the management denied the accusation upon confrontation. Durgesh Yadav, another resident of the highrise said, “The power connection of the electricity poles was snapped to prevent any further mishap."

Immediately after the incident, the management buried the body of the dog inside the society, claimed the residents. However, after the residents approached the police with their complaint, the police called the management and told them to take out the body of the dog. "A veterinary doctor will visit the society and will take it for the post mortem," told Ashok Kumar, SSI, Sihani Gate Police Station.

The police have also booked the staff of the maintenance management and the developer under Section 429 (Mischief by killing or maiming an animal) and 279 (negligence causing endanger to life, hurt, or injury to a person) of the Indian Penal Code.