Almost a month after City Magistrate issued a letter to Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) to resolve issues of the residents of Aura Chimera, the officials finally visited the society on Thursday.
“The authority's officials inspected the society’s premises with the residents and the representatives of the developer and found serious anomalies,” an official said.
“We found lapses in the security and surveillance; fire and electrical safety; lifts and allotment of vehicle parking inside the premises,” he added.
“Electric wires were lying open on the ground. Lifts were in bad condition as they were running without installation of rescue devices,” the official said.
Praveen Chaudhary, President of AOA of the society said that residents were living in fear because of poor security and surveillance system in the society.
“The inadequate security arrangements resulted in influx of anti-social elements in the past. The residents feel insecure in such condition,” Chaudhary added.
Meanwhile, Durgesh Kumar, a resident of the society said that the open electric wires are one the biggest threats to the residents. “It has already resulted in a death. A stray dog was killed after getting in touch with a naked wire on an electric pole a month ago,” he added.
In August, a stray dog was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with an electricity pole in society.
An FIR was also lodged against the developer and maintenance department of the society under Section 429 (Mischeif by killing or maiming an animal) and 279 (negligence causing endanger to life, hurt, or injury to a person) of Indian Penal Code.
The officials have given two weeks to the builder to resolve the anomalies found. “We have issued a letter to the builder giving him a deadline of two weeks to fix the problems. Post the period, if things remained stagnant, we will take action against him,” the official added.