Dwarka police on Saturday issued dos and don'ts ahead of festival of Diwali. They have issued a list which states many precautions which will be taken by the residents.
DCP Anto Alphonse said, “I wish all the residents a very happy and safe Diwali. I urge people to take special care while bursting crackers. They should follow this list for safe Diwali.”
It has instructions on how to burst firecrackers on the day of Diwali.
Here is the list of dos and don'ts issued by police:
1. Children should burn crackers only under Adult Supervision.
2. Do not crouch or bend down while lighting crackers. Always light from a distance.
3. Do not wear loose flowing dress.
4. Wear Cotton clothes and shoes. Avoid nylon or synthetic clothes while bursting crackers.
5. Keep a bucket of water and sand to throw on the used crackers.
6. Never burst crackers in parking areas, indoors and corridors.
7. Use candle for lighting the crackers.
8. Keep the first aid box always ready.
9. Don’t light crackers in hand.
10. Don’t leave the firecrackers around burning candles and diyas.
11. Never burst the fire crackers near electric poles and wires.
12. Never throw half burnt crackers, they may fall on an inflammable object and ignite fire.
13. Don’t wear silk and synthetic fabric outdoors.
14. Avoid using open fire (matches or lighters) for bursting crackers. Instead, use sparkler, long fire wood or agarbatti to burst a cracker.
15. Don’t ever try to burst crackers inside any vehicle.
16. Don’t tamper with cracker if they take longer to brust. Maintain safe distance from the cracker and pour water to diffuse it.
17. Read instruction on cracker packets.
18. Keep water and sand buckets ready for any unanticipated accident.
19. Keep children away from fire crackers.
20. Don’t put crackers in your pockets.