Greater Noida: A massive fire broke out in the L Tower of the 14th Avenue Society of Gaur City on Wednesday at around 11:45 am and caused havoc. The fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control.
A resident informed Cityspidey that when the fire broke out, fortunately, no one was inside the flat. At first, the balcony of flat 2097 in The L Tower caught fire and later spread to the apartment above it. By the time the fire department was informed, residents gathered to douse the fire.
Officials of the fire department said that the fire started on the first-floor balcony of the tower. They revealed that the occupants of the flat had lit the lamp at a prayer corner. The fire then spread to the second-floor apartment as well. Officers said that they are further investigating the matter.
Aman Singh Parmar, a resident of L-tower P096, informed us that he saw the black smoke outside his flat. As he reached the balcony, he saw a massive fire. Parmar immediately called on 101 and informed the security guards about the incident.