Three days after the Gyan Khand couple death, reason still remains a mystery
Welcome To CitySpidey


Three days after the Gyan Khand couple death, reason still remains a mystery

The post mortem reports have been inconclusive. Now the visceral organs of both the bodies are being studied. The police are hoping to ascertain the cause after this report comes in.   

Three days after the Gyan Khand couple death, reason still remains a mystery This picture has been used for representational purposes only

Three days have passed after the mysterious death of Neeraj and Ruchi Singhania, a couple who used to reside in a second floor apartment in the Gyan Khand area of Indirapuram. The Ghaziabad police however have not managed to make any headway in terms of ascertaining the cause.

During the late evening hours of March 2, family members of the deceased had found them lying nude and unconscious on the bathroom floor. They had then called for an ambulance and immediately transported the couple to a hospital. The couple had been declared brought dead.

Addressing media in the course of a press conference, Akash Tomar, Superintendent of Police, Ghaziabad City said that no complaints have been lodged in this case as family members of both the husband and the wife were present in the flat at the time of the incident.

According to sources close to the family, on Friday evening around 6.30 pm Neeraj and Ruchi Singhania had locked themselves inside their bedroom after playing holi with the rest of the family. However, around 9.30 pm when the couple did not respond to calls for dinner, Neeraj’s younger brother peeked through the bathroom window and saw a portion of his sister in law’s feet lying motionless on the ground. Family members then broke open the bedroom door and found the couple lying inside the bathroom.

This strange incident became even more baffling after the results of the post mortems. The results were inconclusive and failed to ascertain the reason behind the deaths.

Tomar maintained that although the police did have a few leads, nothing substantial has emerged so far. “The visceral organs of both the bodies have been preserved and the report of their study is awaited. We have also sent a letter to the concerned department to hasten the process. The cause of the deaths can only be ascertained once we have the report. Meanwhile, we are interrogating neighbours and other relatives of the family,” Tomar further said.