Dwarka: On the night of November 24, 2022, a fire at the iconic Bhagirath Palace, Chandani Chowk left around 200 shops gutted. According to the officials and the media reports, the fire incident was caused due to shot circuit. It is important to note here that several reports have also mentioned that the hanging wires in open at this market have and are making the area vulnerable to such incidents.
A similar sight of hanging wires in open can also be witnessed in several markets across Dwarka. Such wires can be seen in different markets, mainly alongside the narrow staircases.
CitySpidey took photographs of Sector 4 market at Ashirvad Chowk, Dwarka. The photograph shows how the wires are hanging in the open, out from the fuse boxes and electric panels. Such a situation is a threat to the lives of people using these staircases. Also, such hanging wires can even cause fire. Fire incidents caused by hanging wires have happened earlier in different markets of Dwarka. CitySpidey has taken the photograph to draw attention of the authorities concerned.