New Delhi: Many people look forward to tea time, especially in the evenings when most of their daily tasks are done and they can sit back and relax. But this is also when people give in to their cravings for something unhealthy to eat, and over time, this harmless and blissful half-hour of "me-time" can start to show on your waistline. We all know that being overweight can be bad for your health, so it's important to be careful about what you put in your snack bowl. Snacking on something healthy will not only help you feel better overall, but it will also keep you from putting on weight.
Here are some homemade chips
Ribbon of Carrots
Carrots can help you lose weight because they are full of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. Here's how to make ribbons out of carrots.
- Set the oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the carrots into thin strips with a vegetable peeler.
- Mix carrot ribbons, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt to taste in a bowl, then spread them out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, or until they start to get crisp.
- Air fry at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- The best time to eat these healthy, tasty gluten-free chips is when you're hungry in the middle of a meal.
Sweet Potato Crips
Sweet potatoes can help ease the symptoms of many diseases, from diabetes to heart disease. At home, try these chips.
- Turn the oven on and set it to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Cut them into Julienne shapes.
- Mix the cut potatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and salt to taste in a bowl, then spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius. Flip midway.
- Air-fry at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Paper Thin Lettuce/Kale
Because they have a lot of antioxidants, kale, and lettuce are well-known names in the wellness world. They have vitamin C and beta-carotene in them.
- Set the oven to 150 degrees Celsius before using it.
- Wash kale and cut it into small pieces. Dry it completely to get rid of any extra water.
- Mix kale leaves, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and salt to taste in a bowl.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet. Don't stack them on top of each other, or the leaves won't get crisp all over.
- Bake them for 20 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius, or until the edges start to turn brown. Don't let it change color.
- Air hot skillet at 180 degrees Celsius for 4 minutes.
- The same steps can also be used with lettuce.
Apple is one of the healthiest fruits, and it can be made into a tasty snack to enjoy with tea. Here are the steps for making apple wheels.
- Set the oven temperature to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the apple into slices that are 1 cm wide.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet or a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake the apple slices for about two to three hours, or until they are dry and crisp. Don't forget to turn them over every so often.
- Air fry at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, flipping every 4 minutes.
- You can also eat these slices with sweet lemon yogurt. Before baking, add sugar and cinnamon to make it sweeter.
Zucchini is high in potassium, folate, and vitamin A, and it is also low in calories, fat, and sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Thinly slice the courgette and pat it dry with a cloth.
- Mix the zucchini slices, salt, pepper, peri-peri, or your favorite seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl.
- Spread out the slices that have been marinated on a baking sheet.
- Fry up for 1.5 hours at 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Air fry at 350 ℉ for 10 minutes on each side, or until they take golden brown.