Cheesecakes are sweet, soft, and cheesy desserts and one of the best options to satisfy your sweet tooth. There are various flavours in cheesecakes such as mango, strawberry, pineapple, vanilla, and fruit but the blueberry flavour tops the charts. However, you can't always order in, can you? You should prepare this amazing dessert yourself.
So, here is an easy recipe to make blueberry cheesecake at home:
Ingredients to make the blueberry cheesecake:
- 2 Cups Cream cheese
- 6 cups Whipped cream
- 2 tbsp Gelatin
- 3/4 Fresh milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 cup Digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup Blueberry filling
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 2 cups of Water
Also read: Here’s an easy cheesecake recipe!
How to make blueberry cheesecake
- Take a bowl and, mix crushed biscuits with butter. Spread the mixture at the bottom of the dish and smoother the surface of the mixture.
- Freeze it till it becomes hard. On the other side, take a bowl and mix the cream cheese with the vanilla essence and a spoon of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Now take the gelatine with 1 cup of cold water and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and boil the milk. Take another bowl mix the egg yolk, sugar, and 2-3 tbsp of boiled milk, and mix it well.
- Add this entire mixture to the pan with the milk. Stir the mixture on a low flame and add the eggs to thicken the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the flame and mix the gelatine in it, keep it aside to cool it to room temperature.
- Add the mixture to the cheese and stir well until all lumps are smoothed out. Finally, fold in the whipped cream. And add this mixture on top of the frozen biscuits. Freeze it again till it sets properly.
Prepare the toppings
- Dissolve the gelatine with cold water and mix it with the mashed blueberry filling.
- Boil the mixture and then let it cool. Now, pour it over the top of the set cheesecake.
- Set it again in the fridge and serve it with dinner, lunch, to your guest, or whenever you crave to eat something sweet.