Youth Network Ghaziabad (YNG), a group of youngsters from Ghaziabad, has been campaigning to encourage the city's youth to make their votes count. In the community meetings the group has been conducting, it has been spreading awareness about the election process, educating people on points to keep in mind when casting their vote and how they can get to know the area's politicians.
At the meeting conducted on January 29 in Kavi Nagar, the group discussed points the youth should keep in mind when casting their vote. Here are some of the points discussed:
1. An MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) should be educated and must understand the public's needs.
2. Politicians should have an age of retirement, so new leaders can get a chance to replace them.
3. While casting votes, it was more important to judge a politician based on his or her individual work and dedication, and not on the party's agenda.
3. Voters must know their representatives well and must conduct thorough background checks before casting their vote.
4. In case the voter fails to find a suitable candidate, he must opt for the NOTA (None Of the Above) button. This will ensure votes are not misused.
"YNG is set to conduct more such community talks until the elections are done. We will end with an awareness rally right before the elections," said Mayank Chaudhry, founding member of YNG.