The snag is due to planned development work on the overhead power lines supplying electricity to the area.
Several pockets of the trans-Hindon area might face interruptions in electricity supply from 9 am today till 7 pm of December 11. This is due to planned development work on the overhead power lines supplying electricity to the area.
The exercise is meant to increase the height of the 220kV overhead lines connecting the Muradnagar and Sahibabad sub-stations. This is being done to meet the requirements of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), which is extending its Metro line from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand of Ghaziabad.
The areas likely to be affected include:
1. Abhay Khand, Gyan Khand and Ahinsa Khand of Indirapuram
2. Simant Vihar, Sectors 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9 of Vaishali
3. All sectors of Vasundhara
4. Suryanagar, Brij Vihar, Rampuri and Ramprastha
5. Sahibabad Industrial site 4, Maharajpur, Jhandapur, Karkar Mandal
6. Lajpat Nagar, Pasonda, Rajendra Nagar, Shaheed Nagar, Mohan Nagar Industrial Area, Arthla, Anand Industrial Area, Sanjay Colony, Garima Garden and RI estate.
The lines supplying power to these areas will face complete shutdown during these days, and power will be supplied from Noida and Delhi.
“Apart from the supply source at Muradnagar, the Sahibabad sub-station has two other sources based in Delhi and Noida. Both Noida and Delhi Transco Limited have agreed to supply 150 MW of power each. We will try our best to avoid any disruption, but some areas might get affect in worst-case scenarios,” confirmed Gyanendra Dhar Dwivedi, Superintending engineer of Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL).