Finger of negligence at Gurgaon daycare
Welcome To CitySpidey


Finger of negligence at Gurgaon daycare

Shivani Sharma, a resident of Rail Vihar in Sector 57, had to go through the nightmare of seeing her child undergo plastic surgery for the negligence of Cherub Angels Daycare in Sushant Lok III. She has lodged an FIR against the owner.

Finger of negligence at Gurgaon daycare

Gurgaon Police has registered an FIR against the owner of a daycare in Sushant Lok III after a 3-year-old girl was left with a severed thumb while in its care. The case is under the jurisdiction of the Sector 56 police station.

The incident took place on April 28, when Shivani Sharma, a Sector 57 Rail Vihar resident, left her daughter Myra at Cherub Angels Daycare, run by Archana Benjwal Bhandari. Within half an hour, Sharma received a call from the daycare centre informing her that her daughter had been admitted to Artemis Hospital as half her thumb had been crushed in an accident and had to be operated on.

“The plastic surgeon at the hospital told me nothing could be done to save the crushed bone. The doctors had to perform a surgery to close the cut,” Sharma said. "The daycare informed me that her thumb had got caught in the gap between the door's hinges when another child was closing it. This is clearly a case of negligence. Even the thought of it will pain us for the rest of our lives.”

Sharma and her husband also accused the owner of threatening them with consequences if they raised a stink. When Sharma asked her how such an accident could have happened despite staff to take care of the children, she asked her to leave the premises. "She also had the gall to tell us that it could happen to anybody and they were not responsible," an agitated Sharma added.

“The case has been registered under Sections 287 and 407 of the IPC," said Hawa Singh, the Gurgaon CPRO. "No arrests have been made so far. The owner of the daycare has been asked to cooperate in the investigation.”

Meanwhile, Bhandari, in an attempt to clarify the matter, said, “The two children were playing inside the daycare facility and the accident happened. It was an unfortunate incident, and we are bearing the charges for her treatment.”

However, Sharma said that though she had initially agreed to pay for the surgery, she didn't take Sharma's calls or show up at the hospital. 


Shivani Sharma put up this post of her daughter, Myra, on Facebook last night