As the country gears up to go for general elections, people should be ready to vote. In order to do that, one should always check his/her name in the voter’s list and be vote-ready. By checking the voter list, one can get sure about voting in the elections and they also get to know about important details like polling stations where you are required to vote.
To the convenience of the voters, the Election Commission of India has made the facilities like, checking the voter’s list and registering on voter’s list, available on the website.
To search whether your name is in voter’s list or not, you are required to follow the below steps:
- Visit the National Voter Services Portal's (NVSP) Electoral Search page - electoralsearch.in.
- You are required to submit the details such as - Name, Father or Husband's Name, Age, Date of Birth, Gender, State, District and Assembly Constituency.
- One can also get the details by entering EPIC number which is your Electoral Photo ID Card number. You are also required to enter the state where you live. Then, you will get your name, polling station and other details on the page.
If, in case, you get to know that your name is not in the voter’s list, then there is also a process to register your name. Here is the way to register your name in the voter’s list:
- Go to https://www.nvsp.in/ for voter registration.
- You are required to fill Form 6. This is for first time voters and also voters who have shifted to another constituency.
- Then, you upload your ID, address proof and photograph. Once you are through with all this, click the submit button.
- Fill two copies of Form 6. This form is easily available free of cost at the offices of Electoral Registration Officers, Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers.
- Attach the relevant documents.
- Submit it before the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer or send by post addressed to him or hand it over to the Booth Level Officer of your polling area.