Even after Rera order, no progress in work at Greenopolis, Gurugram
Welcome To CitySpidey


Even after Rera order, no progress in work at Greenopolis, Gurugram

The possession for the project, which is being developed by Orris Infrastructure and The 3C company, was to be given by 2015.

Even after Rera order, no progress in work at Greenopolis, Gurugram

Even after six months of receiving a warning from H-Rera to complete 600 flats in an under-construction project, Greenopolis, in Gurugram Sector 89 by July 31 this year, the home buyers have complained that no progress has been made in the project.

Five years back, the construction was stopped at the project which is being developed by two real estate companies — Orris Infrastructure and The 3 C company. Having received licence for the project in the year 2011, the flats were sold during 2012 and 2013 and construction began in 2014.

As per a report published in TOI, the builder had promised to give possession of the flats by 2015.

The project, which includes 1,862 units in 29 towers, was to be constructed by 3C. Of these, 65 per cent of flats were owned and sold by 3C and the remaining 35 per cent by its partner Orris.

In 2014, the construction work at the project was stopped and at that time only 45 per cent of the project was completed. Around 1,800 flats had been sold by that time and buyers had already paid over 80 per cent of price to the builders.

In January this year, H-Rera chairperson KK Khandelwal had informed home buyers that pending construction of the project would be completed under his supervision.

A detailed order stated that the project would be completed in phases. During the first phase, 600 flats will be completed by July this year. The second and third phases had to be completed by March 31, 2020 and December 31, 2020 respectively.

But the homebuyers alleged that nothing has been done so far.

Lalit Khanna, one of the home buyers, said, “Though H-Rera has warned the developers to complete the project at the earliest, there is no fixed deadline from their side as to when the project will be completed and possession handed over.”

Avanish Kumar, another buyer, said that the present situation has hugely affected the buyers. “Apart from paying bank EMI for the loan we took for our flats, we are also paying the rent. The cost of living has also gone up and we are all struggling financially.”