SPIDEY BUZZ

Indirapuram: Man receives severe burns after being exposed to fire

By Ashish Srivastava
Photo: City Spidey
Posted: Jun 09, 2019

A 28-year-old man was left with third-degree burns after he was exposed to fire occurred in a transformer outside Antriksh Greens, a residential society in Indirapuram on Sunday evening.

The man was identified as Manjur Aalm received over 80 per cent of burn and has been referred to Safadarajung Hospital in New Delhi.

The incident was reported at 5.18 pm when Aalam was exposed to a fire happened after short-circuit which set the transformer ablaze.

Aalam works as a tailor and sits with his sewing machine right under the transformer. “The fire caught him within seconds,” an eye-witness said.

Spotting Aalam in flames, the residents of Nirala Eden Garden, a neighbouring housing society to Antariksh Greens, rescued and rushed him to a nearby hospital.

The residents called fire brigade but till the time it reached the spot, the fire was already doused by residents of Antariksh and Nirala Eden.

“It took 17 fire extinguishers to douse the fire,” told Vivek Singh Bhadauria, ex-president of Nirala Eden Garden's Apartment Owner's Association.

TAGS: Man catches fire in Indirapuram / Severe burns to tailor in Indirapuram / Fire near Antriksh Greens / Fire at Indirapuram / Indirapuram news on City Spidey / Indirapuram news

ALSO READ

COMMENT