Gulmohar Garden residents gherao Ghaziabad DM, City Magistrate's residence
Welcome To CitySpidey


Gulmohar Garden residents gherao Ghaziabad DM, City Magistrate's residence

For a job of mere 10 minutes, the Raj Nagar Extension, was harassed for 12 continuous hours.

Gulmohar Garden residents gherao Ghaziabad DM, City Magistrate's residence

Residents of Gulmohar Garden, a highrise in Raj Nagar Extension, gheraoed Ghaziabad's District Magistrate (DM) and City Magistrate's residence respectively on Wednesday night, after their taps ran dry for 12 continuous hours.

Around 11:30 pm, a crowd of more than 200 people reached the official residence of Ajay Shankar Pandey, DM Ghaziabad, and demanded a meeting with him. Unfortunately, the meeting did not take place as the DM was not in the city. Later, the crowd went to Yashvardhan Srivastava, City Magistrate of Ghaziabad. Srivastava met with the residents and listen to their grievances. He also directed the police to intervene and resolve the matter immediately.

The residents blamed the builder for the issue, which forced them to take up the matter to the officials of the district administration. “Around 8.30 am, the water tank ran out of the water as two of the three pumps were not working. We informed the maintenance management to repair the other two pumps as soon as possible because one pump has not the capacity to extract enough amount of water. The other two pumps were repaired by afternoon but they were not functioning when we tried to start it. Later, we even raised the matter with the facility management head, but they also ignored our plight and refused to help us further," said Shyamal Chanda, President of Apartment Owner’s Association (AOA).

After City Magistrate's order police reached Gulmohar Garden on Wednesday night and forced the maintenance management staff to reach the society. Soon the pumps started working after a mechanic attended them. “Within 10 minutes, both the pumps were operational. It was just a small mechanical fault. The filters were placed upside down in the pumps which obstructed the pumps to run,” Chanda said.

“For a job of mere 10 minutes, the whole society was harassed for hours,” Chanda added. The water level was replenished only after 4 am on Thursday.